• ¿Quieres apoyar a nuestro foro haciendo una donación?, entra aquí.

Hunter X Hunter Manga Y Nuevo Animé (comentarios, Capítulos, Debates, Etc)

Oye pero al final la wea q dijo Togashi, más que el final de las tramas, es como un epílogo, eso puede aplicar para cualquier final

Alguien sabe con certeza los problemas de salud de togashi?, son graves?, como para pensar que se va a morir por aquello que lo aqueja?

:orejon:

Última edición:
Alguien sabe con certeza, los problemas de salud de togashi?, son graves como para pensar que se va a morir por aquello que lo aqueja?

lo único que se sabe es que tiene problemas a la espalda. Los que hayan sufrido de la espalda sabran que de repente no puedes hacer absolutamente nada, ni estar sentado se puede.

Ahora, el wn tiene 57 años, es como la edad en pensar que un día podrías irte no más. A eso agregale que hay harto manga inconcluso porque algo le paso al autor.

Alguien sabe con certeza, los problemas de salud de togashi?, son graves como para pensar que se va a morir por aquello que lo aqueja?

Lumbalgia, onda de repente dice que no puede ni moverse

Lo otro, que entre los últimos 2 años, parece que murió su papá o mamá o ambos

Ojalá el weón empiece a tirar directrices d como debe seguir la historia, o armar el guión.....si el weón está pensando así, es por algo igual

Compartieron la traducción y entrevista completa de Togashi:

Togashi’s Q&A on “Iwakura and Yoshizumi’s Show”

The former Sakurazaka46 member, Yumiko Seki, is an avid fan of Hunter × Hunter, having mentioned her enjoyment of the series multiple times. She recently sent Togashi a list of 11 questions, and he sent back an extensive handwritten letter. It was then read aloud on “Iwakura and Yoshizumi’s Show”.

1. How much of Hunter × Hunter’s story did you have in mind when you started writing it?

The first three chapters.

Once I had a rough idea of the setting (a story in another world that focuses on the profession of Hunters), I felt like I could continue the story as long as I wanted. So I decided that the goal of the serialization would be to “continue for as long as possible” and that it should start with the main character (TBD) taking the Hunter Exam. At the start of the serialization, I decided to write three storyboards and a scene where the main character (TBD) fails the exam and the story jumps one to several years in the future. I didn’t decide on the content of the exam until right before the start of the series because I wanted to enjoy the fact that I didn’t know what would happen. In the end, after I discussed it with my editor, the idea of Gon failing the exam was rejected.

So if the question is asking about what actually appeared in the story, the answer would be the first three chapters. However, I had already decided that pillars of the story—the friend (Killua) and the villain (Hisoka)—would appear at the beginning of the exam. I decide what needs to be done in terms of narrative structure first, and then work on the details with a great sense of urgency until the last minute. In that regard, I had a rough idea of the outline for the story ahead, but since the timeskip idea was rejected, I had to draw the section right before that part and revise my initial plans. I remember that I probably wasn’t able to finish the manuscript that week.

bc2Uw7o.png

2. I heard that timeline and character details are all connected. When creating character details, what do you refer to?

Character details are broadly categorized into (1) appearance, (2) personality, and (3) circumstances, which are determined in no particular order within the flow of the narrative. To use Killua as an example, it started with the narrative structure of him being a friend of Gon’s around the same age. His circumstances such as having superhuman physical abilities and being in a family of assassins were roughly determined, an appearance was then created to fit his circumstances and background, and finally his personality was shaped by the conversations he had with Gon and the other two.

When deciding on (1) appearance, I refer to my mental inventory of manga, novels, movies, music, historical and cultural figures, entertainers, and athletes that I’ve seen. In the case of Killua, around the time that I was deciding what number child of the assassin family he would be, thoughts of Kuroyume’s “Shounen”, Atsushi Kamijō, Multiple Personality Detective Psycho, etc. came to mind, and these led to his appearance. In the full-body illustration when he first appeared, there’s a part where the outline is interrupted by light, and here you can see my admiration for the artwork of Mr. Kamijō and Mr. Tajima.

The most useful reference for (2) personality is “placing characters in scenes and situations that I create myself.” Although I might have a rough idea of characters’ personalities, they often do something different from what I expected when I have them interact with each other in specific situations. For example, even if a character is set up with “a strong sense of justice,” their position will change depending on the definition of justice and their circumstances. Their response to the other person’s objections can provide an opportunity to change and supplement their personality and circumstances. This process is the true pleasure of creation and the lifeblood of character formation. If the characters don’t agree with the direction after these interactions, then the story’s development will change. I also try to include values, beliefs, behavioral tendencies, tastes, and preferences that I find difficult to accept in each character so they don't become “copies of the author,” and Gon is a perfect example of this. As a reference, debate shows are what I would recommend. When setting up a scene, I actively introduce situations where opinions clash, similar to discussions and debates, and then build on them.

I think what I reference for (3) circumstances has changed as I’ve aged. When I was young, I used interesting works as models, and after gaining some experience, I would take inspiration and lessons from failed series. At the moment, historical facts and nonfiction are huge for me.

BXAfgJV.png

3. The posters that appear to feature members of Sakurazaka (formerly Keyakizaka) in Hunter × Hunter—are those actually members of Sakurazaka?

The posters in the series indeed feature members of Sakurazaka46, including Yumiko-san. When I’m drawing the same art style for a long time, waves of fatigue can sometimes set in. So I used that panel as a reward to encourage myself: “If I go on for another X pages, I can draw a poster!”

If I had to describe them in one word, it would be “sincerity”. Their earnest attitude, especially in delivering songs, has been consistent since the Keyakizaka46 era. I believe the experience gained over time has made it possible for them to present the concept of songs with a higher level of precision and stability. I’m really happy that members with an aptitude for variety can have their own show. I think this is the result of each member understanding their role and having worked sincerely. Since the members of the Sakamichi Group use their real names, it’s more difficult to draw a line between work and private life, but I believe the sincerity of the members has definitely helped the color that evokes the image of Sakurazaka46 to be beautiful and clear.

4. When did you learn that I like Hunter × Hunter?

I found out when I read your blog posts during the Keyakizaka46 era. At the time, I was in the habit of going from the Keyakizaka46 Message app to the members’ blogs. Since I’m just one regular fan, I was so surprised at first to see you mention the series that it felt like being talked to by someone on the street. Even more than that experience, what made my heart drop was at the New Year’s special feature for “If I turn the corner, will Sakurazaka be there?”, when you mentioned that you wanted the “complete set of Hunter × Hunter”. As soon as I saw that, I started pacing around my workplace thinking, “I have to do something about this...!” However, since I’m hopelessly socially awkward with a negative, self-conscious personality, I would agonize over things like, “Would it make her feel uncomfortable?” and “Wouldn't it be a nuisance if I really sent something...?” I’m truly sorry that it took me two whole years to finally decide to send it.

o2feutX.png

5. What is your favorite Nen ability?

As for what I like, it would be the older sister’s (the Tenth Prince) Season of Two (Without You). While I was drawing the storyboards, I saw the choreographer TAKAHIRO talking on a show about the intention behind the choreography of “Season of Two” and his interpretation of the song. I was so moved and inspired by it that I finished the storyboards all at once. I like these two songs so much that when I see them side by side in a live concert setlist, my emotional balance collapses. Yes, I like the songs more than the ability itself.

As for what I would like to use, it would be the younger sister’s (the Eleventh Prince) Secret Door (Magical Worm). It would save me travel time and expenses, and if my lower back happened to go out during the trip, I could use it to crawl to a hospital.

6. What Greed Island cards would you like to use?

When my serialization and breastfeeding times overlapped, my wife would freeze the milk in advance, and I would feed the baby while she slept. Since I was still in my 30s, I was able to get through it with all-nighters and naps. The time I spent feeding the baby was so peaceful, and I enjoyed holding them so much that I could naturally tell what they were asking for by their different cries. On the other hand, I struggled with the dilemma of having a weekly serialization and the physical constraints that came along with it.

Since the arc was based on that experience, I definitely wanted to have “Panda Maid” when I was in work mode at the time. Currently, I go back and forth between “Angel's Breath” and “Sleeping Girl” depending on my health.

SprE52W.png

7. The cut to black scene at Meruem’s final moments had a profound effect on me. Did you plan to write it like that from the beginning?

Almost all the panel layouts are decided right before or during the storyboard process, when the tension is as high as possible, and this was the case for the idea of “having several pages of speech bubbles on black backgrounds divided vertically.” While drawing the chapter’s storyboards, I thought of a part from Fumiyo Kōno’s Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms, remembering the scene as a sequence of monologue-only panels on white backgrounds divided vertically (when I reread it later, I realized it was my imagination and that I had mistakenly confused it with panels from another scene…). It was then that I decided to continue the exchange between Komugi and Meruem in simple, pitch-black panels.

Most people from the generation before mine will remember Ashita no Joe when they think of a famous scene of a character who burned as brightly as they could. For my generation, Raoh from Fist of the North Star would get a piece of that pie. What they both have in common is their use of kakeami [a shading technique that can involve crosshatching] to portray an emotional moment. I’ve always wanted to take on that challenge, and my wish came true with the double-page spread of Komugi and Meruem. It was really enjoyable to depict two characters who found the meaning of life in the process rather than the result, and I’m satisfied that I was able to reach that double-page spread as the culmination of everything.

8. What do you do on your days off? Also, what are you currently into?

I really don’t have a concept of days off, and what I’m doing day-to-day changes depending on the condition of my lower back. When it’s feeling good, I’ll work at my desk for as long as I can before aggravating it; when it’s not, I’ll work standing up to the same extent and take breaks in a posture that doesn’t put too much strain on it.

An online article about ants being attracted to Kappa Ebisen sparked a brief interest in ant identification this past summer. I found more than 10 species just in my yard, and was impressed by the beauty of Pristomyrmex punctatus. I felt somewhat satisfied once I found Solenopsis japonica, and the interest ended.

An interest I’ve had for a long time now is recording TV shows that I don’t watch and then putting them on discs. It was only for my favorite shows at first, but the amount of data stored on the recorder that I wanted to watch later became too much, so I just started moving them to DVDs (in those days) without even watching them. At this point, I keep doing it because I find the whole thing of “I won't even watch them anyway” amusing.

Like Yoshizumi-san, I’m the type of person who always has sound playing while I’m working, and I still prefer to watch my favorite shows again and again for this. So, I end up never watching the discs of shows that I planned to watch later, but I can’t stop recording. What should I do?

I0Y15G1.png

9. Are there any manga you have found interesting recently?

If we define “recently” as something published in 2023, there’s a work that made me think, “As expected, it’s amazing...!!” However, I’m hesitant to give the name of the series since I would get criticized from various sides if I recommended it to Yumiko-san, even indirectly. But to defend the honor of that series, I’ll say I was amazed by its overwhelming depiction of a true story, impressed by its strength in portraying weaknesses without glossing over them, and moved to tears of gratitude at the characters’ resolve.

But...!! BUTTTT!!! I’m sorrryyy! So if we change the definition of “recently” to series that are still being published, and I had to name one that I read and enjoy all the time, it would be Oi! Tonbo. It’s a manga about golf, but you don’t need to know the rules to enjoy it. The protagonist, Tonbo, is exactly like the “ideal Gon character” that I envisioned when I first conceived of the Hunter² serialization, but I failed to achieve it in the first chapter. The series is an incredible fusion of Mr. Kawasaki’s expert knowledge of people and golf, and Mr. Furusawa’s warmth in gently illustrating such earnest characters.

10. Has the ending been decided?

Broadly speaking, I’ve prepared three endings for the series: A, B, and C. Thinking about the reaction of readers in terms of approval and disapproval, I expect 80% approval and 20% disapproval for Ending A (this isn’t necessarily a sign of praise; I just think it’s a safe conclusion that’s unlikely to receive much criticism), an even split between approval and disapproval for Ending B, and 10% approval and 90% disapproval for Ending C.

Even though the reaction would be overwhelmingly negative, the reason I’m still considering Ending C is because it’s personally my favorite. But basically, my ideal scenario and goal is to come up with an interesting enough ending that I don’t have to choose any of these three. For your reference, I’ll reveal Ending D, which was removed from the three remaining candidates, and if I were to die with the series still incomplete, I hope you’ll forgive me by accepting it as the ending.

[Ending D]

At the edge of a pond, a young girl is holding a fishing rod, completely motionless. All of a sudden, the rod bends sharply, and the girl yells out. Her name is Gin.

“It’s him, it’s him, it’s hiimmmm!!”

Carrying the Master of the Pond on her shoulders, Gin proudly says to a woman in front of her:

“See, Mom? I caught ’im!! Just like I said I would!!”

Gin gets closer to her and continues in a hushed tone:

“Now don’t ever tell me to become a Hunter again...!”

The woman nods reluctantly. Gin walks away with the Master still on her shoulders.

Mother: “I thought catching the Master would finally wake her up to hunting... right?”

She wants her husband, sitting next to her, to agree.

Father: “Taking over the shop and never leaving the island... that’s what Gin wants now. Let’s respect that.”

She still isn’t satisfied.

Mother: “Well, she might change her mind along the way. Jeez, why are you and Gin both so... it’s because of Great-Grandma Mito’s and Grandma Noko’s blood, right…”

It seems she doesn’t know that Mito and Noko aren’t blood relatives. Her husband smiles quietly. Refusing to give up, she continues.

Mother: “But Grandpa Gon was a famous Hunter...! I'm sure she’ll leave the island someday.”

Gin: “No way that’s happeninnnggg!!”

She yells out from the depths of the forest, from where she couldn’t even be seen and she couldn’t possibly hear her parents’ conversation.

Her father happily mutters:

“She can see right through us.”

The scene changes to a shop that has been around since Mito’s time. The Master is neatly filleted, and every part of it is prepared. Gin’s monologue while she’s working:

“Mom just doesn’t get it... When Grandpa eagerly recounts the memories of his days as a Hunter, Great-Grandma discreetly excuses herself from the table. All of Grandma Noko’s nods are based on hearsay from others, subtly hinting at the quiet sadness she feels for having not been able to stay by his side.”

With the knife in her hand, she slams it against the cutting board.

“I absolutely won’t do that!! I will not wait months or years for someone to come back, with my heart in knots!! Or make someone else wait!! I’ll..."

The sound of the door opening. A calm, carefree voice fills the room. A pudgy little boy holding plants walks inside.

Boy: “I got some wild plants~♪ Wow, you really caught the Master! Alright, let’s share it with everybody on the island!”

Gin (to herself): “I'll always stay... with someone I want to be with forever...”

Boy: “I can see everybody's happy faces♪ Come on, let’s get started~♪"

Gin (to herself): “I'll always stay with them!!”

Gin (to the boy): “Yeaahh!!”

The two cook the meal with huge smiles on their faces. A bird flies away from the island and soars through the sky. Underneath it is a town somewhere with people from every walk of life. Someone’s son, someone’s daughter, someone’s grandchild... all living in various places and exchanging smiles with each other. They could be this character’s child or that character’s grandchild.

The bird flies away into the sky.

Someone watches it as it leaves, with their back turned toward us.

[End]

11. Recently (especially in the latest Volume 37), the amount of text has increased considerably. Is there a reason for that?

(1) The basic information that has to be explained to readers is already quite extensive, including the introduction of several new Nen abilities, the details of the Succession Contest, and the backgrounds for each Prince.

(2) In terms of narrative structure, there are several unresolved conflicts that have to be addressed during the voyage, and I knew from the start that if I also considered the individuals involved in the Succession Contest, it would become a complex challenge where the various intentions and connections of an enormous number of characters are intertwined with one another. Unfortunately, I still had the spirit of welcoming challenges, so I increased the number of characters beyond the limits of my processing capacity. Consequently, the basic information mentioned in (1) has increased even more.

(3) I wanted not only the Princes but also their personnel to be more than just background characters, so I made extensive use of monologues to act as both narrative exposition and character development. As a result, the text has become more intricate and unruly.

(4) As I mentioned in my answer to your second question, when characters interact with each other, there are several personalities and circumstances to consider. In this current arc, I’m also experimenting with characters and how they feel about their missions (whether they're proactive, passive, or negative, whether they’re hiding secrets). In the process of looking for more interesting story developments, the number of words discarded in my mind is several or even ten times more than the word count in just one finished storyboard. This has become a routine part of my process, and as a result, I’m in a negative cycle where the number of words used in the finished storyboard feels small in comparison.

(5) As you can see from my previous answers, I’m “bugged” as an author: I’m not only unable to find the right balance, but deep down, part of me unapologetically thinks that word count is equivalent to a complimentary service. Words rule.

Traducción por 브이브 y AoM.

Fuente & Créditos: hunter x hunter wiki , Dardanidae.​

También hay otra versión traducida que compartieron en reddit por -JapInABox-.

Saludos.

Compartieron la traducción y entrevista completa de Togashi:

Togashi’s Q&A on “Iwakura and Yoshizumi’s Show”

The former Sakurazaka46 member, Yumiko Seki, is an avid fan of Hunter × Hunter, having mentioned her enjoyment of the series multiple times. She recently sent Togashi a list of 11 questions, and he sent back an extensive handwritten letter. It was then read aloud on “Iwakura and Yoshizumi’s Show”.

1. How much of Hunter × Hunter’s story did you have in mind when you started writing it?

The first three chapters.

Once I had a rough idea of the setting (a story in another world that focuses on the profession of Hunters), I felt like I could continue the story as long as I wanted. So I decided that the goal of the serialization would be to “continue for as long as possible” and that it should start with the main character (TBD) taking the Hunter Exam. At the start of the serialization, I decided to write three storyboards and a scene where the main character (TBD) fails the exam and the story jumps one to several years in the future. I didn’t decide on the content of the exam until right before the start of the series because I wanted to enjoy the fact that I didn’t know what would happen. In the end, after I discussed it with my editor, the idea of Gon failing the exam was rejected.

So if the question is asking about what actually appeared in the story, the answer would be the first three chapters. However, I had already decided that pillars of the story—the friend (Killua) and the villain (Hisoka)—would appear at the beginning of the exam. I decide what needs to be done in terms of narrative structure first, and then work on the details with a great sense of urgency until the last minute. In that regard, I had a rough idea of the outline for the story ahead, but since the timeskip idea was rejected, I had to draw the section right before that part and revise my initial plans. I remember that I probably wasn’t able to finish the manuscript that week.

bc2Uw7o.png

2. I heard that timeline and character details are all connected. When creating character details, what do you refer to?

Character details are broadly categorized into (1) appearance, (2) personality, and (3) circumstances, which are determined in no particular order within the flow of the narrative. To use Killua as an example, it started with the narrative structure of him being a friend of Gon’s around the same age. His circumstances such as having superhuman physical abilities and being in a family of assassins were roughly determined, an appearance was then created to fit his circumstances and background, and finally his personality was shaped by the conversations he had with Gon and the other two.

When deciding on (1) appearance, I refer to my mental inventory of manga, novels, movies, music, historical and cultural figures, entertainers, and athletes that I’ve seen. In the case of Killua, around the time that I was deciding what number child of the assassin family he would be, thoughts of Kuroyume’s “Shounen”, Atsushi Kamijō, Multiple Personality Detective Psycho, etc. came to mind, and these led to his appearance. In the full-body illustration when he first appeared, there’s a part where the outline is interrupted by light, and here you can see my admiration for the artwork of Mr. Kamijō and Mr. Tajima.

The most useful reference for (2) personality is “placing characters in scenes and situations that I create myself.” Although I might have a rough idea of characters’ personalities, they often do something different from what I expected when I have them interact with each other in specific situations. For example, even if a character is set up with “a strong sense of justice,” their position will change depending on the definition of justice and their circumstances. Their response to the other person’s objections can provide an opportunity to change and supplement their personality and circumstances. This process is the true pleasure of creation and the lifeblood of character formation. If the characters don’t agree with the direction after these interactions, then the story’s development will change. I also try to include values, beliefs, behavioral tendencies, tastes, and preferences that I find difficult to accept in each character so they don't become “copies of the author,” and Gon is a perfect example of this. As a reference, debate shows are what I would recommend. When setting up a scene, I actively introduce situations where opinions clash, similar to discussions and debates, and then build on them.

I think what I reference for (3) circumstances has changed as I’ve aged. When I was young, I used interesting works as models, and after gaining some experience, I would take inspiration and lessons from failed series. At the moment, historical facts and nonfiction are huge for me.

BXAfgJV.png

3. The posters that appear to feature members of Sakurazaka (formerly Keyakizaka) in Hunter × Hunter—are those actually members of Sakurazaka?

The posters in the series indeed feature members of Sakurazaka46, including Yumiko-san. When I’m drawing the same art style for a long time, waves of fatigue can sometimes set in. So I used that panel as a reward to encourage myself: “If I go on for another X pages, I can draw a poster!”

If I had to describe them in one word, it would be “sincerity”. Their earnest attitude, especially in delivering songs, has been consistent since the Keyakizaka46 era. I believe the experience gained over time has made it possible for them to present the concept of songs with a higher level of precision and stability. I’m really happy that members with an aptitude for variety can have their own show. I think this is the result of each member understanding their role and having worked sincerely. Since the members of the Sakamichi Group use their real names, it’s more difficult to draw a line between work and private life, but I believe the sincerity of the members has definitely helped the color that evokes the image of Sakurazaka46 to be beautiful and clear.

4. When did you learn that I like Hunter × Hunter?

I found out when I read your blog posts during the Keyakizaka46 era. At the time, I was in the habit of going from the Keyakizaka46 Message app to the members’ blogs. Since I’m just one regular fan, I was so surprised at first to see you mention the series that it felt like being talked to by someone on the street. Even more than that experience, what made my heart drop was at the New Year’s special feature for “If I turn the corner, will Sakurazaka be there?”, when you mentioned that you wanted the “complete set of Hunter × Hunter”. As soon as I saw that, I started pacing around my workplace thinking, “I have to do something about this...!” However, since I’m hopelessly socially awkward with a negative, self-conscious personality, I would agonize over things like, “Would it make her feel uncomfortable?” and “Wouldn't it be a nuisance if I really sent something...?” I’m truly sorry that it took me two whole years to finally decide to send it.

o2feutX.png

5. What is your favorite Nen ability?

As for what I like, it would be the older sister’s (the Tenth Prince) Season of Two (Without You). While I was drawing the storyboards, I saw the choreographer TAKAHIRO talking on a show about the intention behind the choreography of “Season of Two” and his interpretation of the song. I was so moved and inspired by it that I finished the storyboards all at once. I like these two songs so much that when I see them side by side in a live concert setlist, my emotional balance collapses. Yes, I like the songs more than the ability itself.

As for what I would like to use, it would be the younger sister’s (the Eleventh Prince) Secret Door (Magical Worm). It would save me travel time and expenses, and if my lower back happened to go out during the trip, I could use it to crawl to a hospital.

6. What Greed Island cards would you like to use?

When my serialization and breastfeeding times overlapped, my wife would freeze the milk in advance, and I would feed the baby while she slept. Since I was still in my 30s, I was able to get through it with all-nighters and naps. The time I spent feeding the baby was so peaceful, and I enjoyed holding them so much that I could naturally tell what they were asking for by their different cries. On the other hand, I struggled with the dilemma of having a weekly serialization and the physical constraints that came along with it.

Since the arc was based on that experience, I definitely wanted to have “Panda Maid” when I was in work mode at the time. Currently, I go back and forth between “Angel's Breath” and “Sleeping Girl” depending on my health.

SprE52W.png

7. The cut to black scene at Meruem’s final moments had a profound effect on me. Did you plan to write it like that from the beginning?

Almost all the panel layouts are decided right before or during the storyboard process, when the tension is as high as possible, and this was the case for the idea of “having several pages of speech bubbles on black backgrounds divided vertically.” While drawing the chapter’s storyboards, I thought of a part from Fumiyo Kōno’s Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms, remembering the scene as a sequence of monologue-only panels on white backgrounds divided vertically (when I reread it later, I realized it was my imagination and that I had mistakenly confused it with panels from another scene…). It was then that I decided to continue the exchange between Komugi and Meruem in simple, pitch-black panels.

Most people from the generation before mine will remember Ashita no Joe when they think of a famous scene of a character who burned as brightly as they could. For my generation, Raoh from Fist of the North Star would get a piece of that pie. What they both have in common is their use of kakeami [a shading technique that can involve crosshatching] to portray an emotional moment. I’ve always wanted to take on that challenge, and my wish came true with the double-page spread of Komugi and Meruem. It was really enjoyable to depict two characters who found the meaning of life in the process rather than the result, and I’m satisfied that I was able to reach that double-page spread as the culmination of everything.

8. What do you do on your days off? Also, what are you currently into?

I really don’t have a concept of days off, and what I’m doing day-to-day changes depending on the condition of my lower back. When it’s feeling good, I’ll work at my desk for as long as I can before aggravating it; when it’s not, I’ll work standing up to the same extent and take breaks in a posture that doesn’t put too much strain on it.

An online article about ants being attracted to Kappa Ebisen sparked a brief interest in ant identification this past summer. I found more than 10 species just in my yard, and was impressed by the beauty of Pristomyrmex punctatus. I felt somewhat satisfied once I found Solenopsis japonica, and the interest ended.

An interest I’ve had for a long time now is recording TV shows that I don’t watch and then putting them on discs. It was only for my favorite shows at first, but the amount of data stored on the recorder that I wanted to watch later became too much, so I just started moving them to DVDs (in those days) without even watching them. At this point, I keep doing it because I find the whole thing of “I won't even watch them anyway” amusing.

Like Yoshizumi-san, I’m the type of person who always has sound playing while I’m working, and I still prefer to watch my favorite shows again and again for this. So, I end up never watching the discs of shows that I planned to watch later, but I can’t stop recording. What should I do?

I0Y15G1.png

9. Are there any manga you have found interesting recently?

If we define “recently” as something published in 2023, there’s a work that made me think, “As expected, it’s amazing...!!” However, I’m hesitant to give the name of the series since I would get criticized from various sides if I recommended it to Yumiko-san, even indirectly. But to defend the honor of that series, I’ll say I was amazed by its overwhelming depiction of a true story, impressed by its strength in portraying weaknesses without glossing over them, and moved to tears of gratitude at the characters’ resolve.

But...!! BUTTTT!!! I’m sorrryyy! So if we change the definition of “recently” to series that are still being published, and I had to name one that I read and enjoy all the time, it would be Oi! Tonbo. It’s a manga about golf, but you don’t need to know the rules to enjoy it. The protagonist, Tonbo, is exactly like the “ideal Gon character” that I envisioned when I first conceived of the Hunter² serialization, but I failed to achieve it in the first chapter. The series is an incredible fusion of Mr. Kawasaki’s expert knowledge of people and golf, and Mr. Furusawa’s warmth in gently illustrating such earnest characters.

10. Has the ending been decided?

Broadly speaking, I’ve prepared three endings for the series: A, B, and C. Thinking about the reaction of readers in terms of approval and disapproval, I expect 80% approval and 20% disapproval for Ending A (this isn’t necessarily a sign of praise; I just think it’s a safe conclusion that’s unlikely to receive much criticism), an even split between approval and disapproval for Ending B, and 10% approval and 90% disapproval for Ending C.

Even though the reaction would be overwhelmingly negative, the reason I’m still considering Ending C is because it’s personally my favorite. But basically, my ideal scenario and goal is to come up with an interesting enough ending that I don’t have to choose any of these three. For your reference, I’ll reveal Ending D, which was removed from the three remaining candidates, and if I were to die with the series still incomplete, I hope you’ll forgive me by accepting it as the ending.

[Ending D]

At the edge of a pond, a young girl is holding a fishing rod, completely motionless. All of a sudden, the rod bends sharply, and the girl yells out. Her name is Gin.

“It’s him, it’s him, it’s hiimmmm!!”

Carrying the Master of the Pond on her shoulders, Gin proudly says to a woman in front of her:

“See, Mom? I caught ’im!! Just like I said I would!!”

Gin gets closer to her and continues in a hushed tone:

“Now don’t ever tell me to become a Hunter again...!”

The woman nods reluctantly. Gin walks away with the Master still on her shoulders.

Mother: “I thought catching the Master would finally wake her up to hunting... right?”

She wants her husband, sitting next to her, to agree.

Father: “Taking over the shop and never leaving the island... that’s what Gin wants now. Let’s respect that.”

She still isn’t satisfied.

Mother: “Well, she might change her mind along the way. Jeez, why are you and Gin both so... it’s because of Great-Grandma Mito’s and Grandma Noko’s blood, right…”

It seems she doesn’t know that Mito and Noko aren’t blood relatives. Her husband smiles quietly. Refusing to give up, she continues.

Mother: “But Grandpa Gon was a famous Hunter...! I'm sure she’ll leave the island someday.”

Gin: “No way that’s happeninnnggg!!”

She yells out from the depths of the forest, from where she couldn’t even be seen and she couldn’t possibly hear her parents’ conversation.

Her father happily mutters:

“She can see right through us.”

The scene changes to a shop that has been around since Mito’s time. The Master is neatly filleted, and every part of it is prepared. Gin’s monologue while she’s working:

“Mom just doesn’t get it... When Grandpa eagerly recounts the memories of his days as a Hunter, Great-Grandma discreetly excuses herself from the table. All of Grandma Noko’s nods are based on hearsay from others, subtly hinting at the quiet sadness she feels for having not been able to stay by his side.”

With the knife in her hand, she slams it against the cutting board.

“I absolutely won’t do that!! I will not wait months or years for someone to come back, with my heart in knots!! Or make someone else wait!! I’ll..."

The sound of the door opening. A calm, carefree voice fills the room. A pudgy little boy holding plants walks inside.

Boy: “I got some wild plants~♪ Wow, you really caught the Master! Alright, let’s share it with everybody on the island!”

Gin (to herself): “I'll always stay... with someone I want to be with forever...”

Boy: “I can see everybody's happy faces♪ Come on, let’s get started~♪"

Gin (to herself): “I'll always stay with them!!”

Gin (to the boy): “Yeaahh!!”

The two cook the meal with huge smiles on their faces. A bird flies away from the island and soars through the sky. Underneath it is a town somewhere with people from every walk of life. Someone’s son, someone’s daughter, someone’s grandchild... all living in various places and exchanging smiles with each other. They could be this character’s child or that character’s grandchild.

The bird flies away into the sky.

Someone watches it as it leaves, with their back turned toward us.

[End]

11. Recently (especially in the latest Volume 37), the amount of text has increased considerably. Is there a reason for that?

(1) The basic information that has to be explained to readers is already quite extensive, including the introduction of several new Nen abilities, the details of the Succession Contest, and the backgrounds for each Prince.

(2) In terms of narrative structure, there are several unresolved conflicts that have to be addressed during the voyage, and I knew from the start that if I also considered the individuals involved in the Succession Contest, it would become a complex challenge where the various intentions and connections of an enormous number of characters are intertwined with one another. Unfortunately, I still had the spirit of welcoming challenges, so I increased the number of characters beyond the limits of my processing capacity. Consequently, the basic information mentioned in (1) has increased even more.

(3) I wanted not only the Princes but also their personnel to be more than just background characters, so I made extensive use of monologues to act as both narrative exposition and character development. As a result, the text has become more intricate and unruly.

(4) As I mentioned in my answer to your second question, when characters interact with each other, there are several personalities and circumstances to consider. In this current arc, I’m also experimenting with characters and how they feel about their missions (whether they're proactive, passive, or negative, whether they’re hiding secrets). In the process of looking for more interesting story developments, the number of words discarded in my mind is several or even ten times more than the word count in just one finished storyboard. This has become a routine part of my process, and as a result, I’m in a negative cycle where the number of words used in the finished storyboard feels small in comparison.

(5) As you can see from my previous answers, I’m “bugged” as an author: I’m not only unable to find the right balance, but deep down, part of me unapologetically thinks that word count is equivalent to a complimentary service. Words rule.

Traducción por 브이브 y AoM.

Fuente & Créditos: hunter x hunter wiki , Dardanidae.​

También hay otra versión traducida que compartieron en reddit por -JapInABox-.

Saludos.
Y la traducción en español?

Y la traducción en español?
Si te sirve anexo varias publicaciones de extractos traducidos de la misma:
Yoshihiro Togashi, el autor de Hunter x Hunter, había respondido recientemente a las preguntas formuladas por la ex miembro de Sakurazaka46, Yumiko Seki, en el popular programa de variedades de TV Asahi, Iwakura and Yoshizumi.

Las respuestas de Togashi fueron entregadas en una carta, que fue leída en voz alta durante el espectáculo por Shintaro Morimoto, un cantante japonés, quien fue uno de los invitados y el coordinador, para que todos la escucharan.

Una de las preguntas hizo que el autor revelara su idea inicial para la serie:

⚡Inicialmente se suponía que Gon reprobaría los exámenes de cazador.

P: ¿Qué parte de la historia de Hunter × Hunter tenías en mente cuando empezaste a escribirlo?

R: «Los tres primeros capítulos.

Una vez que tuve una idea aproximada de la ambientación (una historia en otro mundo que se centra en la profesión de Cazador), sentí que podía continuar la historia todo el tiempo que quisiera. Así que decidí que el objetivo de la serialización sería «continuar el mayor tiempo posible» y que debería empezar con el personaje principal haciendo el examen de Cazador.

Al principio de la serialización, decidí escribir tres guiones gráficos y una escena en la que el protagonista suspende el examen y la historia salta de uno a varios años en el futuro. No decidí el contenido del examen hasta justo antes de empezar la serie porque quería disfrutar del hecho de no saber qué iba a pasar. Al final, después de discutirlo con mi editor, la idea de que Gon suspendiera el examen fue rechazada.

Así que si la pregunta se refiere a lo que realmente apareció en la historia, la respuesta serían los tres primeros capítulos. Sin embargo, ya había decidido que los pilares de la historia -el amigo (Killua) y el villano (Hisoka)- aparecerían al principio del examen. Primero decido lo que hay que hacer en cuanto a la estructura narrativa, y luego trabajo en los detalles con un gran sentido de la urgencia hasta el último minuto.

En ese sentido, tenía una idea aproximada del esquema de la historia por delante, pero como la idea del timeskip fue rechazada, tuve que dibujar la sección justo antes de esa parte y revisar mis planes iniciales. Recuerdo que probablemente no pude terminar el manuscrito esa semana.
»

⚡Togashi revela su inspiración para Killua.

Cuando se le pregunta qué elementos de la historia utiliza para crear los detalles de los personajes, el legendario autor de manga menciona 3 categorías importantes que definen a un personaje:

• Apariencia
• Personalidad
• Circunstancias

Y éstas se determinan sin ningún orden en particular dentro del flujo de la narración.

Para explicarlo mejor, utiliza Killua como ejemplo y dice lo siguiente:

«Empezó con la estructura narrativa de que era amigo de Gon y de la misma edad. Sus circunstancias, como tener habilidades físicas sobrehumanas y pertenecer a una familia de asesinos, se determinaron a grandes rasgos; luego se creó una apariencia acorde con sus circunstancias y antecedentes; y, por último, su personalidad se moldeó a partir de las conversaciones que mantuvo con Gon y los otros dos.»

Como cualquier otro artista, busca inspiración en medios ya publicados para el diseño de personajes, en su inventario mental de manga, novelas, películas, música, personajes históricos y culturales, artistas y deportistas. Para la apariencia y el carácter de Killua, utilizó 3 modelos como base:

Togashi explica que para la apariencia de Killua, su mentalidad y el número de hijo de la familia de asesinos que sería, pensó en "Shounen" de Kuroyume, Atsushi Kamijō, detective psicópata de personalidad múltiple, etc. (para mayor detalle agrego la publicación sobre el tema).

Ofrece un procedimiento específico para la personalidad y las circunstancias, que describe como «el verdadero placer de la creación y la sangre vital de la formación del carácter.»

Básicamente, Togashi comienza a estructurar su historia colocando al personaje en situaciones que se le ocurren y decidiendo cómo se configurará la personalidad de ese personaje en función de cómo responda a esas situaciones.

A pesar de tener una noción general de la personalidad del personaje antes de ponerlo en una situación concreta, reconoce que estos personajes actúan con frecuencia de forma distinta a la esperada.

Por eso menciona que la personalidad y las circunstancias son interdependientes. Según la personalidad de cada uno, acaba en una situación determinada, y eso a su vez puede cambiar a esa persona, para bien o para mal:

«Por ejemplo, aunque un personaje esté configurado con «un fuerte sentido de la justicia», su postura cambiará dependiendo de la definición de justicia y de sus circunstancias. Su respuesta a las objeciones de la otra persona puede suponer una oportunidad para cambiar y complementar su personalidad y sus circunstancias.»

Togashi continúa afirmando que, para evitar que sus personajes se conviertan en «copias del autor», incorpora en ellos ideales, creencias, hábitos de comportamiento, preferencias y gustos que le cuesta aceptar, y dice que Gon es un ejemplo perfecto de ello.

«Los programas de debate son lo que yo recomendaría. Al montar una escena, introduzco activamente situaciones en las que las opiniones chocan, parecidas a discusiones y debates, y luego me baso en ellas.»

Hacia el final de la respuesta a la pregunta, Togashi revela que utiliza hechos históricos y de no ficción como principal inspiración para crear sus circunstancias, pero no da ejemplos.

⚡Togashi revela su habilidad Nen favorita y su tarjeta Greed Island.

Cuando se le preguntó cuál era su habilidad Nen favorita, Togashi eligió la habilidad de Kacho Bestia Nen "Sin Ti" (Temporada 2) como su favorito (Kacho era el Décimo Príncipe del Imperio Kakin y la hermana gemela mayor de Fugetsu).

Sin embargo, la habilidad Nen que más quería usar era la habilidad de la Bestia Nen de la hermana gemela menor Fugetsu, "Puerta Secreta" (Gusano Mágico), que es una habilidad de teletransportación que involucra una puerta y un túnel. Esto se debía a que podía arrastrarse hasta el hospital cada vez que le fallaba la espalda.

«En cuanto a lo que me gustaría usar, sería la Puerta Secreta (Mágica) de la hermana menor (el Undécimo Príncipe). Gusano). Me ahorraría tiempo y gastos de viaje, y si mi espalda baja se daña durante el viaje, podría usarla para arrastrarme hasta un hospital.»

Incluso mientras escogía sus cartas favoritas de Greed Island, Togashi deseaba tener el "Angel’s Breath", una carta que podría curar todos enfermedad y restaurar la salud perfecta del usuario, o la "Sleeping Girl", una tarjeta cuyo efecto da como resultado que una niña duerma en lugar del usuario, para que pueda trabajar todo el día sin cansarse.

Dijo que elegiría cualquiera de estos dos dependiendo de su salud.

«Cuando mis tiempos de serialización y lactancia se superponían, mi esposa congelaba la leche con anticipación y yo alimentaba al bebé mientras ella dormía. Como todavía tenía 30 años, pude superarlo trasnochando y haciendo siestas. El tiempo que pasé alimentando al bebé fue tan tranquilo y disfruté tanto cargándolo que, naturalmente, podía saber lo que pedían por sus diferentes llantos. Por otro lado, luché con el dilema de tener una serialización semanal y las limitaciones físicas que la acompañaban.

Dado que el arco se basó en esa experiencia, definitivamente quería tener ’Panda Maid’. cuando estaba en modo de trabajo en ese momento. Actualmente, voy y vengo entre ’Angel’s Breath’ y ’Sleeping Girl’ dependiendo de mi salud.»

⚡Togashi revela porqué usó paneles negros en la muerte de Meruem.

«Casi todos los diseños de las viñetas se deciden justo antes o durante el proceso de storyboard, cuando la tensión es lo más alta posible, y este fue el caso de la idea de tener varias páginas de bocadillos sobre fondos negros divididos verticalmente.

Mientras dibujaba los guiones gráficos del capítulo, pensé en una parte de "Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms" de Fumiyo Kono, recordando la escena como una secuencia de viñetas de monólogos sobre fondos blancos divididos verticalmente (cuando releí más tarde, me di cuenta de que era mi imaginación y que la había confundido erróneamente con viñetas de otra escena...). Fue entonces cuando decidí continuar el intercambio entre Komugi y Meruem en paneles simples y negros.

La mayoría de las personas de la generación anterior a la mía recordarán a "Ashita no Joe" cuando piensen en una escena famosa de un personaje que ardió tan brillantemente como pudieron. Para mi generación, Raoh de "El Puño de la Estrella del Norte" tendría un pedazo de ese pastel. Lo que ambos tienen en común es su uso de [una técnica de sombreado que pueda implicar sombreado] para retratar un momento emotivo.»

Para cerrar con esta gran charla, Togashi habló sobre Meruem y Komugi: «Siempre quise asumir ese desafío, y mi deseo se hizo realidad con la doble página de Komugi y Meruem. Fue muy agradable representar a dos personajes que encontraron el sentido de la vida en el proceso en lugar del resultado, y estos satisfecho de haber podido llegar a esa doble página como la culminación de todo.»

⚡Togashi revela sobre sus actividades en sus días libres:

Uno de los temas que Togashi mencionó en la entrevista sus actividades en sus días libres. Si bien reveló que en realidad no tenía un concepto de días libres, continuó explicando que sus actividades diarias están estrechamente relacionadas con la condición de su espalda baja.

Según Togashi, cuando su espalda se siente bien, dedicó muchas horas a trabajar en su escritorio hasta que sintió alguna tensión. En los días menos favorables, optaba por trabajar de pie, haciendo descansos en posturas que no le supusieran demasiada tensión.

«…lo que hago día a día cambia dependiendo del estado de mi espalda baja. Cuando me siento bien, trabajo en mi escritorio todo el tiempo que puedo antes de agravarlo; cuando no es así, trabajo de pie en la misma medida y tomo descansos en una postura que no suponga demasiada tensión.»

⚡Togashi revela que el manga de golf "Oi! Tonbo" es de los más interesantes que ha leído.

P: ¿Qué manga te ha parecido interesante recientemente?

R: «Hay un manga que pensé: ‘Es increíble como se esperaba con respecto a los trabajos recientes, pero no tengo el coraje de nombrar el trabajo específico. Entonces, si cambiara la definición de”reciente”a trabajos que aún se están publicando, elegiría un trabajo que sigo disfrutando leyendo, y ese trabajo sería”¡Oi!”Tonbo".

Es un manga sobre golf, pero creo que puedes disfrutarlo incluso si no conoces las reglas. El personaje principal, Tonbo, es el tipo de persona que quería que fuera Gon cuando comencé a planificar la serialización de Hunter² [sic]. Era la imagen ideal que no logré realizar en el primer capítulo. Es una obra que combina a la perfección el conocimiento del Sr. Kawasaki sobre las personas y el golf con las cálidas ilustraciones del Sr. Furusawa que retratan suavemente a los dedicados personajes.»

⚡ Los finales posibles de HxH.

Togashi concibió cuatro escenarios posibles para terminar el manga. Dijo en una carta leída en voz alta durante el programa que desarrolló tres de los posibles finales. Presentó el cuarto final abandonado durante el programa, y agregó que podría considerarse el final en caso de que fallezca antes de terminar formalmente el manga.

El creador informó que el cuarto final abandonado (“final D”) tiene lugar después de un salto en el tiempo, años en el futuro. Reflejando el comienzo del manga, una niña llamada Gin está pescando en un estanque y atrapa un pez enorme. Orgullosamente le lleva el pez a su madre y proclama que su madre nunca podrá pedirle que vuelva a ser cazadora, antes de dejarla con el pez. La madre debate el futuro de Gin con el padre de Gin, expresando decepción porque su hija no desea convertirse en cazadora como su famoso abuelo Gon.

Después de un cambio de escena, Gin revela que no quiere convertirse en cazadora. por la frecuencia con la que su abuelo Gon dejaba sola en casa a su abuela Nouko debido a sus aventuras como cazador. Ella promete no abandonar nunca la isla y permanecer para siempre al lado de alguien cuando un niño entra en la habitación.

La escena final del final D es un pájaro volando hacia el cielo mientras alguien observa.

Togashi tenía esperanzas de poder si fuera capaz de pensar en un final lo suficientemente satisfactorio, no tendría que recurrir al posible final A, B o C, que predijo que tendría una recepción mixta por parte del público. Creía que las reacciones de los lectores serían 80% positivas al final A, incluso divididas al final B, y 90% negativas al final C. (Aclaró que personalmente no cree que el final A sería altamente calificado por los lectores, sólo que ser el final”seguro”y no controvertido.) A pesar de las abrumadoras críticas que recibiría de los fans, Togashi personalmente prefirió el final C entre los posibles finales.

⚡Togashi explica por qué escribe enormes muros de textos y diálogos en sus paneles.

La antigua miembro de Sakurazaka46, Yumiko Seki, pregunta a Togashi la razón del aumento de la cantidad de textos en los últimos volúmenes (especialmente en el volumen 37, que tiene el punto álgido del arco de la Guerra de Sucesión).

A lo que responde:

«(1) La información básica que hay que explicar a los lectores ya es bastante extensa, incluida la introducción de varias habilidades nuevas de Nen, los detalles de la Concurso de Sucesión y los antecedentes de cada Príncipe.

(2) En cuanto a la estructura narrativa, hay varios conflictos no resueltos que deben abordarse durante el viaje, y supe desde el principio que si también tenía en cuenta a los individuos implicados en el Concurso de Sucesión, se convertiría en un complejo reto en el que se entrelazarían las diversas intenciones y conexiones de un enorme número de personajes. Por desgracia, seguía teniendo el espíritu de acoger retos, así que aumenté el número de personajes más allá de los límites de mi capacidad de procesamiento. En consecuencia, la información básica mencionada en (1) ha aumentado aún más.

(3) Quería que no sólo los príncipes, sino también su personal, fueran algo más que personajes de fondo, así que hice un amplio uso de los monólogos para que sirvieran tanto de exposición narrativa como de desarrollo de personajes. Como resultado, el texto se ha vuelto más intrincado y revuelto.

(4) Como mencioné en mi respuesta a la segunda pregunta, cuando los personajes interactúan entre sí, hay que tener en cuenta varias personalidades y circunstancias. En este arco actual, también estoy experimentando con los personajes y cómo se sienten respecto a sus misiones (si son proactivos, pasivos o negativos, si ocultan secretos). En el proceso de búsqueda de desarrollos argumentales más interesantes, el número de palabras descartadas en mi mente es varias o incluso diez veces mayor que el recuento de palabras en un solo storyboard terminado. Esto se ha convertido en una parte rutinaria de mi proceso y, como resultado, entro en un ciclo negativo en el que el número de palabras utilizadas en el storyboard terminado se siente pequeño en comparación.

(5) Como se desprende de mis respuestas anteriores, soy un «bicho raro» como autor: No sólo soy incapaz de encontrar el equilibrio adecuado, sino que, en el fondo, una parte de mí piensa sin remordimientos que el recuento de palabras equivale a un servicio de cortesía. Las palabras mandan

Anexo también otro fragmento de entrevista que se publicó en el 2018 en la revista Shonen Jump en su 50 Aniversario:

IXr1zYN.jpg

Tlii9ap.jpg
I1e0klY.jpg

BON3IMG.jpg
Gsz8tOG.jpg

Yoshihiro Togashi es un autor que siempre se ha enfocado en 'como un escritor debería ser', y ha continuados creando sus trabajos estratégicamente.

"Yu Yu Hakusho", su primer gran éxito que tomó el mundo de la shonen jump como una tormenta en los 90s, fue escrita desde el primer momento para volverse desde de una "historia conmovedora" a un "manga de batallas". Su próximo proyecto, "Level E", fue donde el mostró un lado diferente de si mismo a sus lectores -- él cambió la imagen que había creado con "Yu Yu Hakusho", y desarrolló un trabajo de ciencia ficción con una increíble historia con gran potencial. Y entonces en 1998, él creó "Hunter X Hunter", la cual aún se mantiene fuerte hasta hoy.

"Esta puede ser una desagradable forma de ponerlo, pero en el pasado cuando pensaba en mi próximo trabajo, ese debía tener como objetivo ser un éxito ya que estaba escribiendo para la Jump y todo eso. Yo había estado observando las encuestas a los lectores de muy cerca desde la última mitad de la serialización de "Yu Yu Hakusho". Yo no miraba sólo las encuestas relacionadas a mi trabajo, sino también quién es el número 1 ahora y con qué tipo de historia, etc. Analizando todo, concluí que los trabajos más populares eran acerca de deportes y batallas -- cosas en donde había claramente ganadores y perdedores. Entonces pensé que si iba a escribir algo próximamente, tenía que ser un manga de batalla después de todo."

Y entonces así "Hunter x Hunter" fue concebido, y mientras era derechamente un manga de batallas, también exhibía totalmente el sello de Togashi de inspirar a sus lectores a hyperanalizar. El protagonista Gon, por ejemplo, luce engañosamente adorable pero no tiene ninguna duda a la hora de lucha. Él es un personaje único que puede puede entregar incluso el sentimiento de infinito miedo.

"Al comienzo, quería hacer a Gon un buen chico que pudiera dominar las encuestas de 'Personajes que quieres tener como hijo'. Pero, tan pronto como la serialización comenzó...o mejor dicho cuando comencé a escribir el borrador, sentí que no era muy así. Un chico que proclamaba que abandonaría a la mujer que lo crió para volverse un hunter/cazador no es un muy buen hijo ¿verdad?, comencé a pensar 'Este es realmente un chico loco' (risas). Pero pensé que no era raro que él se comportara de esa forma, debido a que era el hijo de un padre que en realidad también había abandonado su hijo para volverse un Hunter. Para mi, él era un personaje natural"

Él dijo que tener un "chico loco" como protagonista estaba en linea con la dirección de la historia.

"Si yo hubiera hecho a mi protagonista un 'chico correcto' y dibujado un manga de peleas con él, habría tenido complicaciones cuando él tuviera que enfrentarse. Eso de por si habría hecho una historia entretenida para escribir, sin embargo pensé que no era adonde quería ir con mi historia. No quise apartar a mis lectores que lo leyeran por las peleas. Gracias a que cree un "chico loco" como Gon de protagonista, fui capaz de escribir batallas sin tener que preocuparme de los conflictos morales de los protagonistas."

"Básicamente, lo estoy haciendo a mi manera"

La postura de Togashi en su actual serialización es que es un reto estricto pero a la vez de alguna forma divertido.

"Desde el punto de vista de alguien de afuera, la serie que escribo es una seria tarea, pero personalmente estoy disfrutándolo mucho. Cuando era joven, no se me permitía hacer cosas que realmente quería hacer. Ahora finalmente puedo hacer las cosas que disfruto."

Él también quiere "vengarse" con las historia que no pudo dibujar en su juventud.

"Estoy hablando las comedias románticas (risas). Pero bueno, estoy muy viejo para ese género, y además, también pienso que sería mejor si le dejo la parte del dibujo a otra persona. Tal como el manga que hice el año pasado para el cual sólo escribí el guión ("Akuten Wars", ilustrado por Hachi Mizuno), si tener a otra persona que dibuje lo hace un mejor trabajo de arte, definitivamente no tengo objeción. También pensé que me habría gustado un estilo más realista de dibujo en "Level E". Dependiendo del género, realmente pienso que puedo permitirme ser sólo el escritor de la historia."

Imaginen la característica construcción de un mundo que sólo Togashi puede hacer, traída a la vida por un artista que pueda sacarle todo su potencial. El día en que podamos ver un trabajo luego de otro no está muy lejos.

"Aún así, dejando eso de lado, necesito finalizar de escribir "Hunter x Hunter". Ha llegado a un punto en que o termino la historia primero, o muero antes de que eso pase (risas). Pero realmente intento terminarla.

A pesar, de que puedan decir que en un punto de la historia -- Donde Gon se reúne con Ging -- he completado la historia ya. Creo que algunos lectores deben haber pensado '¿no se supone que eso era el fin de la historia?' y lo escribí para que pareciera ser así. Aún así, no intenté cortar el curso de la historia ahí, y espero que mis lectores pudieran ver que aún hay espacio para una continuación.

Yo como un lector de la Jump, también recuerdo haber pensado '¿No debería este manga haber terminado ahí?' y estar molesto porque continuaba y continuaba. Quiero estar siempre en contacto con ese sentimiento de lector. Pero "Hunter x Hunter" como está ahora tiene mucho que me hace querer seguir leyendo, incluso desde mi propia perspectiva como lector. Y desde mi perspectiva como escritor, aún hay muchos cosas pendientes que quiero escribir, y disfrutaría escribirlas. Y que haya alguien que desee disfrutar ese viaje conmigo, es todo lo que puedo pedir".

Créditos: Traducción al Inglés por VeraciousCake, Traducción al español por Deli para Kpop Replay.​

Última edición:
Volver